38 Week Bumpdate

Sunday, January 8, 2017

This could potentially be my last bumpdate picture I post! How crazy is that? Words can't even describe how excited, anxious and nervous I am right now. I went to the doctor last Friday thinking I was going to be induced that day because my amniotic fluids were low. They were still low, but not low enough to go to the hospital. I was thankful because I want the baby to be healthy and have my fluids up, but I was then kind of disappointed because I was just so ready to meet her! My emotions have been up and down and now, we just play the waiting game…the hardest game ever! We got our first snow of the season and at nearly 3 inches, we spent this weekend cuddled up on the couch by the fire. I needed a relaxing weekend because I have a feeling that the ones coming up won't be as quiet!


How far along? 38 weeks, 3 days

Baby's size? Spaghetti squash

Gender: All girl 

Total weight gain/loss: 10-11 pounds. I go back tomorrow so I'll know for sure then.  

Maternity clothes? Mixing and matching.

Sleep: I am getting to the point where I'm having a difficult time getting comfortable. My back is bothering me and my ribcage is still stretching out so it makes falling sleep harder. Once I'm asleep, I'm okay and it doesn't keep me up. I'm only going to the bathroom once a night, if even that. 

Best moment this week: Spending a relaxing weekend in with Andrew. It's always fun seeing the first snow of the year. We thought we might have a snow baby but no such luck. 

Miss Anything? A lot of things by this point! A cold turkey sandwich, spicy tuna sushi and carbs. 

Movement: Constantly. I'm really going to miss having her in my belly! I've gotten so used to her movements that I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she's not in there! 

Food cravings: Since it's been so cold, I've loved soups…spicy chicken tortilla and broccoli cheddar have been my favorites!

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Symptoms: Lower back hurts, ribcage is stretching and just pressure. All normal but just uncomfortable.

Looking forward to: Watching the Tigers play tomorrow night in the National Championship! We had tickets (obviously it was never in the plan for me to go since we knew I'd be so far along) so we sold them. Obviously we would much rather be here meeting our baby girl but it's still hard to see all of our friends and Clemson fans travel for the big game. Also, we are getting closer and closer to meeting our angel so that's something to definitely look forward to!

Gestational Diabetes Check-In: It's going. Still checking my sugars and they are going well. Still managing my diet and that is getting harder and harder since I know I am so close to the end!

I hope y'all had a great weekend and cheers to a new week! 

More BABY posts 

2 comments :

  1. Ack! I'm so excited for y'all!

    Also, T-10 hrs 44 mins until game time! #allin #beatbama

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaah! You're almost there! It's so exciting that now it could happen at any time. All the best on the big day!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin