Baby Lips gets Glossy

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Happy Friday, friends! I'm so glad it's the weekend, even if I have to work on Saturday. After work, we'll head on over to celebrate a sweet little boy's first birthday! Do y'all have any fun plans for the weekend? 

I have always been a fan of Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm. I always keep a tube in my makeup bag to throw on my chapped lips. I literally have chapped lips all year long, and it is the most annoying thing ever. I don't know why but they are chapped even in the summer! No matter how often I exfoliate and moisturize them, they are never really smooth. Womp womp.  I really love Baby Lips because the menthol in it cools my lips and does help medicate those bad boys. 

So, when I found out Maybelline came out with a glossy formulation, I was so excited to try it out. I'll be honest…they are not that easy to find! I am still on a mission to find more stores that carry them, but so far, I've only seen them at Target. I've searched Ulta, CVS and Walgreens in the hopes that more stores carry them, but I'm sure it will just be a matter of time. 


I'm not lying when I say this. This stuff is awesome. My lips have honestly never felt better and I truly think it is because of the medicated gloss. I start by adding my Carmex, then my YSL lipstick then layer it with Baby Lips Life's a Peach. Ever since I've been doing this, my lips have been baby smooth…see what I did there?  I love a nude lip and it's honestly what you'll find me wearing on a daily basis. This peachy nude adds the perfect amount of shine and a hint of color. From the YouTube videos I've seen on these, they don't provide a lot of color. I actually kind of like that because I don't typically wear a gloss on it's own. I always wear a lipstick underneath, so I don't want too much color in my gloss to compete with my lipstick. 

Go check them out and let me know what you think! I'm dying to try more but can't decide on which color to try next. 

Hope y'all have a great weekend!! 
xoxo

2 comments :

  1. I still haven't tried this but somehow always pick it up when I'm at Target or CVS and then put it back!! I promise next time to get it!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people rave about Baby Lips. I think I need to hop on this bandwagon and finally try it out! I also love how you stages this photo!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin